Lumia 520 has established itself as a very reliable smartphone, which is very rarely buggy and malfunctions. But as you know, even the most stable electronic devices from time to time fail due to an error in the software.
We bring to your attention User guide for Nokia Lumia 520thanks to which you can learn how to reboot it and reset the settings.
Tip:If your Lumia phone is buggy and does not turn on, we recommend that you try to restore it using the official tool Nokia Recovery Tool
Soft reset instruction
This method is equivalent to a reboot performed by removing the battery, but, unlike it, does not have risks for the system associated with a sharp power outage. To perform a soft reset, you must:
- Press and hold the volume down button and the power button.
As a result of such a reboot, your files and applications will not be affected.
Hard reset or Hard Reset returns your smartphone to factory settings. This means that all applications, games, files and photos will be erased from the device. In this regard, a hardware reset should be carried out only as a last resort, when it is not possible to restore normal operation of the phone in other ways.
Tip:Before performing a hardware reboot, a good solution would be backup data (if possible)
There are two ways to make Hard Reset on Lumia 520 on WP8:
- Go to Settings -> Reset Phone Settings.
- Hold the camera button, power button, and volume down button at the same time.
Tip: In Windows Phone 8.1, you can reset to factory settings using the method described in this article.
Nokia Lumiya 520 is a very reliable phone, so let's hope that you do not have to use this instruction and return to the factory settings.
How to reset the settings on the Nokia Lumia 520 through the Settings menu
- Open menu Settings.
- Next, scroll down to the “Device Information».
If the version of Windows 10 Mobile is installed on your smartphone, you need to go to the “System” - “Device Information” section.
- Click on the “Reset».
- Read the warning carefully, then click "Yes».
- Press the button againYes».
- The smartphone will automatically reboot and return to the factory settings.
How to reset the settings on the Nokia Lumia 520 if it freezes
If your smartphone freezes and you cannot go to Settings, then you must use the physical buttons to reset the settings to the Nokia Lumia 520.
- Press and hold the button Volume Down + button Inclusions at the same time. After 10-15 seconds you will feel a vibration.
- After that, immediately press the Volume Down button. Hold it until you see exclamatorysign on the smartphone screen.
- Then press the buttons in the following sequence:
- Volume Up
- Volume Down
- Volume Down
- The smartphone will be automatically reset to factory settings.
That's all! Now you know how to reset the Nokia Lumia 520, even if it freezes or does not turn on.
Dear Reader! If suddenly the method described in the article did not help you - please help the others - write how you coped with the problem or ask a question. By the way, the answer to your question may already be in the comments.
Please do not remain indifferent - share useful information with people. If you know the answer to an existing question - please write, someone will find the information very useful. Thank you in advance!
To begin with, it is necessary to understand what general variants of development of events take place. How to reset the Nokia Lumiya? There are two options.
To date, rollback settings on Nokia Lumia devices is as follows:
- through the program menu
- by pressing a key combination.
As already emphasized, there is no significant difference in which method to use. Subscribers can make their own choice. Further, it will be described in more detail about how the settings are reset to Nokia Lumiya.
First, consider the most convenient and common method. It is about resetting the parameters using the device’s context menu. Such a step will lead to the fact that all the settings on the phone will return to the factory settings. The smartphone at the same time becomes like a new one. Operations performed using the context menu are generally considered emergency. But they are most often used.
Resetting the settings to Nokia Lumia is as follows:
- Turn on your cell phone. Wait until it is fully loaded and ready for further work.
- Open the main menu of the gadget.
- Go to the "Settings" - "About the device" section.
- Click on the line "Restore default settings".
- Enter the operation confirmation code. To do this, you need to know the device lock code.
That's all. After the operations done, the settings on the Nokia Lumiya phone will be reset. A similar algorithm of actions is suitable for all models of the mentioned smartphone. The difference is that some phones do not have the "About device" item. In this case, it is called "About the product." This is a normal occurrence that should not cause resentment.
If you want to reset to factory settings on the Nokia Lumia 520, you can try to pre-use the secret combination of buttons on the phone. This approach works on all Nokia. A hard reset, for example, saves account settings. All other parameters when using this solution are erased. But do not confuse it using a secret combination.
How to reset the settings on the "Nokia Lumiya 520" and not only using the buttons? You must use the following algorithm of actions:
- Turn off your mobile phone. All manipulations must be carried out only when the device is turned off.
- Press the volume and power buttons simultaneously. Hold them for a few seconds.
- After that, press the power button. This must be done when an exclamation mark appears on the display.
- Press the volume down button.
At this stage, the settings will be reset to Nokia Lumiya. The device will turn on automatically after the processing of the operation is completed.
The final solution is a hardware reset. As already noted, the operation does not affect changing the profile settings. What do you need to reset your settings on Nokia in this way?
This will require:
- Turn on the phone. Unlike the previously proposed algorithm, a hardware reset is performed when the gadget is turned on.
- Press the volume and off buttons. Keep them in this position for about 5 seconds.
- The phone will turn off. Release the buttons and click on "Enable".
Done! Device settings will be reset after using one of the proposed methods. All of these tricks are equally effective on all Nokia Lumia.
Now it’s clear how to reset the Nokia Lumiya. There is nothing difficult or incomprehensible in this operation! Even a novice user will cope with the task.
Some people say that resetting a smartphone cannot be done on its own. It is not true. All the techniques offered to attention do not require any special skills or knowledge. They allow you to return to factory settings in seconds.
Using various kinds of programs and applications to reset phone settings is also not recommended. Only the previously mentioned tricks are considered official and effective. After using them, the risk of system failures and malfunctions is minimal.
If there is no desire to independently reset the parameters, you must take the phone to a service center. They will certainly help to bring the idea to life, guaranteeing the safety of actions.
Factory Reset (Hard reset)
Hard reset on Nokia 520 is performed as standard for the Lumia series:
Hold down the "Volume -" and "Power" buttons
After the vibration is released, release the "Power" button and continue to hold down "Volume -" until an exclamation mark appears on the screen
Then sequentially press the buttons "Volume +", "Volume -", "Turn on" and again "Volume -"
The phone will reboot and you will see gears on the screen, which indicates a correctly completed combination. After downloading the phone, the settings will be reset to the factory settings, and all user information will also be deleted.