Have you ever written a long story and felt fatal tired in your hands over time? Read and learn how to avoid this again!
- 1 Choose a convenient pen. Look for a handle with a body wider (larger diameter) and with a soft bottom (where your finger will be).
- Make sure the pen writes smoothly without leaving spaces or scratching the page.
- Do not buy pens that rattle or stain ink.
- 2 Hold the handle loosely. Do not pinch your fingers around it and do not grip too tightly. You do not need to strangle the pen, but simply drive it around the page.
- 3 Do not press hard on the paper with a pen. With a good pen, you won’t have to press hard, so pull the pen lightly and evenly on the paper. If you prefer to write in pencil, try taking a stylus slightly softer.
- 4 Write using your hand, not your fingers. Writing is not at all what painting is. Keep your hand and wrist straight, and move your hand completely with the elbow and shoulder (as if you were writing on a blackboard).
- 5 Take a look at the position of your hand and evaluate it. You probably did not have to pay attention to how you hold the pen since the long time when you were in elementary school, but do it now.
- Is your hand position natural? Try to keep your wrist straight without turning or tilting it when writing.
- You do not bother to reach the paper or table? Move the table, chair or paper to feel more comfortable when writing.
- Is everything else convenient for your workspace? Is the table and chair correct? Can you see the page well without stress, or squats? Are you easily reaching for other things you need (like a stapler or phone)?
- Are you relaxed
- Is the rest of your wrist, arm, and elbow supported, at least when you're not writing?
- 6 Observe your posture. If you lean over your work, then your neck, shoulders and arms will get tired much faster. Change your body posture over time when writing. Lean to one side, then the other while sitting on a chair. Lean back for a while.
- 7 Take breaks. Allow yourself time to go to the toilet. If this is not an urgent task, when you have no other choice, try to get up from the table every hour or more often and walk a minute or two. During the break, relax your fingers, hands, and wrist.
- 8 Put down the pen every time you do not write. For example, if you stopped to formulate the following thought, put the pen down, relax your hand, sit back in a chair and even get up and walk around a bit.
- 9 Do exercises for the fingers of your working hand. Take a pen or pencil and twist it between your fingers. Open and close your hand. Gently stretch your fingers and wrists.
- 10 Limit the total time you write daily. If you have already spent several hours on this, return later or better the next day.
- 11 Write in short periods. If you need to write a large volume, it is better to take several approaches than to write for a long and long time.
- 12 If you are typing, do it right.
- Keep your wrist in a neutral position. Do not bend your wrist in or out, especially when typing on the keyboard.
- Use the keyboard stand to adjust its position.
- Make sure your arm and body are natural.
- Do not knock on the keys. Computers, unlike typewriters, work better with light pressure, and your hands will be much softer.
- 13 Change the type of activity the next day. If urgent tasks, tests, important thoughts made you write a lot yesterday, be physically active today, go and develop.
- 14 Consult your doctor if you often experience severe pain, or if it does not go away after the measures you have taken. If you mainly write for work or study, ask for and may be given premises with conditions and amenities. Efficient rooms can be quite simple and inexpensive, but you should ask for them first. Remember, you are the only person who knows how you can feel if you write a lot. The doctor will help you with the recommendations and ask them to comply. Will these conditions make your work more manageable?
- The workplace is appropriate for your size and work habits (table and chair of suitable height, inclined or elevated work surface)
- Good selection of stationery
- Regular breaks
- Extra time to complete voluminous tasks
- Various ways of writing (such as dictation or typing instead of handwriting)
- Change of occupation related to writing on other tasks in an adequate proportion
- Ergonomic assessment by an expert who can give advice on workspace and work skills
Fans of the film “Karate Kid” know this under the name “painting the fence” and they also learn this from belly dancing classes. This helps with carpal tunnel syndrome (neurological disease) by relaxing the muscles of the wrist.
- 1 Raise your wrist as high as possible, leaving your fingers hanging loose as if you were hanging a piece of cloth on a clothesline above your head.
- 2 Raise your fingers, lower your wrist, and slowly lower your wrist as far as possible, as if you were smoothing a wet tape.
- 3 Slowly raise your hand again, as if a ball were tied to your wrist.
- 4 For balance, do this with the other hand.
- 5 Repeat 5-10 times.
Regular pains in the phalanges or joints most often occur due to trauma:
- Ligament damage.
- Dislocation of a brush or phalanx
In this case, you can injure not only the hand itself, but also the wrist bone. It also causes pain and impaired mobility. Injury in the area of the brush or phalanx is accompanied by edema. The patient cannot fully move the limb. When you try to pick up something heavy, sharp pain appears at the site of the injury.
With fractures, you can hear a characteristic crunch when the bones rub against each other. Moreover, a fracture of small bones is difficult to diagnose without a special examination. Injury is found only after an x-ray. Dislocations and fractures of the hand differ, depending on which bone is injured. If the ligaments are damaged, there is also pain, but it is not so sharp and appears when trying to actively use the hand.
Hygroma is a common diagnosis that explains why hands or fingers hurt. In fact, it is a benign tumor. There are no exact reasons why a hygroma appears. A swelling appears over the wrist joint that does not go away with time. Often the cause is injury, especially if the hand has already been injured before. Hygroma is a capsule with a liquid that never degenerates into a malignant tumor. A small education does not bring unnecessary inconvenience. It can be located both above the tendon, under the skin, and "sprout" deep. With large sizes, the patient is difficult to move and bend the arm in the joint. There is pain during exercise. Often at the site of the tumor, the skin loses its sensitivity. Such a pathology is treated surgically - cut out. The disease often affects women.
After surgery, residual pain may disturb you for some time. This also applies to recovery from fractures - the bones can whine "on the weather."
Diseases for which this symptom is characteristic:
- Tendonitis (tendonitis)
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Hand strain - snapping finger syndrome.
- "Writing" cramp - graphospasm
- Tunnel syndrome
This is a disease that affects pianists, seamstresses, movers. That is, people whose work is associated with a large static load on the joint. The patient, in addition to pain in the hands, can feel a crunch in the tendons. The work of the hands is disrupted - swelling and weakness appear. It is not difficult to get rid of the problem, it is enough to leave the previous lesson for a while and take a course of therapy. The essence of the problem with such a disease is that the inflammation returns when the patient begins to do the same work again.
This is a dangerous disease, the reason for which is that the body's immune system begins to perceive the cells of its own body as hostile organisms. Most patients with this disease are middle-aged. In children, the disease is especially acute.
Problems begin not only with the joints of the hands, but also with the cervical spine, lower limbs. The main feature of this disease is the symmetry of distribution. The joints become inflamed on both arms and legs. Tissues adjacent to the joint also become inflamed. However, moderate pain, it is periodic. Patients are constrained in movements, especially mobility is limited after sleep. Due to the disease, disorders quickly develop - the joints bend and bend.
Unlike the previous one, this disease is not associated with impaired immune systems. The disease does not develop symmetrically. Arthritis develops due to an infection that penetrates the joint. There are acute and chronic manifestations of this disease. In an acute course, the skin around the joint turns red, the patient's temperature rises. Chronic arthritis proceeds implicitly, what is its main danger. You can not pay attention to the symptoms for a long time until the disease destroys the joint until complete loss of mobility.
The pain is not strong, but this is offset by its constancy. All depending on whether the diseased joints were loaded or not, there will still be discomfort.
The pain is not strong, but there is always, regardless of the load on the brush. The brush is inactive. Patients often need to restore mobility after sleep.
With this disease, the tendon sheaths in the extensor extensor swell. Accordingly, the fingers are difficult to straighten without the help of the second hand. And during extension, a characteristic click is heard. With the development of the disease, the fingers begin to hurt from the side of the palm.
This disease often affects women after 50 years.
In addition, diabetes can also cause painful finger clicks. Basically, tendon inflammation develops due to overstrain. Or during such work, when the tool squeezes the annular ligaments of the fingers. In the early stages, you can feel the nodule on the tendon near the annular ligament. If timely measures are not taken, then the only treatment is surgery.
As the name implies, it is a disease of people who have to write a lot. Muscle spasm occurs due to the fact that the person squeezes the handle too hard. A cramp usually begins at the fingertips and gradually spreads to the wrist. With this spasm, the patient feels pain, the hand begins to tremble.
The age category that suffers from this disease is people of middle age 20-40 years. Doctors talk about the hereditary causes of the development of the disease, as well as psychological problems. But usually regular rest for 2-3 minutes during writing and warming up for joints helps to avoid discomfort.
The main reason is a pinched nerve that passes through the wrist. The tissues around the nerve become inflamed and swell, so it is compressed more and more. Wrist can become inflamed for various reasons. Sometimes such pain is just a consequence of the development of arthritis or other joint diseases. The cause may be infection, arthritis, trauma or a cyst in the wrist. Obesity can also trigger the appearance of a tunnel syndrome, like smoking, which disrupts the blood circulation in the body.
The signs are easy to recognize - weakness in the joints and tingling in the fingers gradually turn into numbness. Typically, the index and middle ones lose their sensitivity, since nerve impulses from the nerve do not pass. The more the nerve is compressed, the more pain becomes. It is especially felt when loaded
Tunnel syndrome often develops during overvoltage, as does snapping finger syndrome, especially during prolonged use of the computer, microtrauma or sprains.
Pain in the hands and fingers of pregnant women
During pregnancy, the body experiences enormous loads, so pregnant women often suffer from a particular malaise, often throughout the entire period of pregnancy. Joint pains vary in strength and often depend on the pain threshold of a woman.
The most common complaints are tingling at your fingertips, numbness or loss of sensation in certain areas of the skin. In addition, pregnant women complain of acute periodic pain.
Causes of pain in the hands
As already mentioned, the causes of pain in the hands can be very different. Often they arise due to injuries: severe bruises, bone fractures, sprains and ruptures of muscles, tendons and ligaments. Often, the muscles of the hands hurt due to excessive physical exertion, which led to an overstrain of muscle fibers. In addition, pain in the hands occurs due to:
- joint diseases (arthritis, arthrosis),
- diseases of the periarticular tissues (bursitis, tendonitis, epicondylitis, periarthritis),
- pinched nerves (tunnel syndromes).
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, intervertebral hernia
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine and its complications, including intervertebral hernia, can lead to pinching of the nerve, which departs from the spinal cord and provides innervation of the arm. Thus, depending on the pinch point, pain occurs in the right or left hand. It manifests itself as a cross from shoulder to fingers. The treatment technique in this case is aimed at eliminating the root cause of the disease.
Inflammation of the tendons and elbow joint
Diseases such as styloiditis (inflammation of the tendon in the area of its connection with the bone) and tendonitis (inflammation of the tendon itself) are manifested in pain symptoms localized:
- in the wrist joint - radiation styloiditis,
- in the elbow area - ulnar styloiditis,
- in the area of the shoulder or elbow - tendonitis.
The pain with styloiditis is a breaking, aching character and intensifies with physical exertion. With tendonitis, in addition to pain, there is a limitation in joint mobility, local edema and redness.
Epicondylitis - inflammation at the junction of the muscle and bone in the elbow joint is manifested by pain, which is localized in the elbow and is accompanied by weakness of the hand. It intensifies with extension of the fingers and brush movements.
The inflammatory processes in the tissues that cause arthritis are manifested by night pains that occur between 3 and 5 o’clock in the morning. Even when you are at rest, the pain does not stop and is accompanied by local:
- an increase in temperature.
Osteoarthritis (thinning and gradual destruction of the cartilage of the joints) is characterized by increased pain symptoms during physical exertion. Pain is accompanied by difficulty moving and crackling.
With a disease such as bursitis (inflammatory processes of the periarticular synovial bag), pain occurs in the elbows of the hands and is accompanied by their swelling. In addition to severe pain in the hand, which restricts movement, local redness of the skin and an increase in temperature over the joint area can be observed.
The content of the article
- How to avoid calluses on the fingers when you write a lot
- How to remove corns
- How to quickly cure corns
Any damage to the skin, whether it is corns or scuffs, adversely affects the human condition. Constant pain, itching, discomfort are very annoying, especially if you have to touch a sore spot again and again. This is exactly what happens when a callus appears on the finger of an active letter. After that, it becomes almost impossible to take the pen again and work at the same speed. But there are several ways to avoid the appearance of corns on the fingers.
Pick the right pen
A correctly selected pen will help to avoid inconvenience when writing. The handle should lie well in the hand, not slip. It is better if its surface is not ribbed, but smooth, then the risk of scuffs and calluses will be reduced. On the pen it is better to have a rubber pad, which also should not slip, so as not to interfere with you when writing texts or documents. Such a rubber pad will provide soft protection for your fingers and prevent the development of corns.
It is best to choose good pens that are in the price range far above standard and economical prices. The surface of these pens is specially designed to protect your hands. You can buy a special pen, for example, for first graders, with a latch that will prevent the occurrence of scuffs on the fingers. It happens that corns arise when you change the pen, so it is best to have one writing device, and only change the paste or ink in it.
Another option to avoid cones and calluses on the fingers during work is to change the letter to print. Today, a computer is the most convenient device for creating documents, and practically everyone has it. Of course, for comfortable ownership you will have to learn a lot and master the speed dial system, but when there are too many documents, this method is one of the most practical for accurate document management. In addition, you can keep such texts in two versions - printed and electronic, which is also convenient.
If there is a callus
Если мозоль все же возникла, на время нужно прекратить работу, смазывать мозоль лечебной мазью и заклеить пластырем. By the way, the patch will be well used to protect against skin damage. If the risk of corns appearing is high, you already notice that the skin on the finger has been damaged, there are discomfort and pain - cover the finger with a patch of plaster, this will protect your hands from the negative effects of such an active letter.
For quick elimination of corns, do soothing baths, apply cotton wool moistened in chamomile broth to your finger, or get ointment from corns in a pharmacy. Do not strip off the corn until it is completely healed, otherwise an infection may get into the wound.