- The original recipe for the sauce uses beef, but you can take any meat - pork, chicken, etc. In this case, you do not need to strive to take the best pieces, on the contrary - use bones, leftover meat, trimmings. Ideal is a calf shank that has not previously been frozen.
- To get a golden crust, which creates the most delicious sauce, when baking meat, use the trick of the cook Heston Blumenthal - roll the meat fragments in milk powder before baking.
- The cooking technology provides a ratio of 1: 3, i.e. 3 kg of water should be added per 1 kg of meat (bones). This will ensure its evaporation during the long cooking process without the need to add new water, which can ruin the taste of the sauce.
- After boiling, the broth should languish over low heat, and not boil.
- It is not advisable to exclude components, including wine, from the composition.
- Salt and season the demiglas with spices is necessary only at the end of cooking, since the volume of the broth at this time will decrease by more than half.
- Ready sauce is eaten cold: first it is cooled, overfilled in a glass container, after cooling it is placed in the refrigerator for a couple of hours and only then served.
Sauce cooking algorithm
Knowing the main stages of cooking, you can cook your own, original demiglass. This is a simplified technology, but it fully reflects the essence of the preparation.
- We select meat, bones, weigh, wash, chop large pieces and bake in the oven until golden brown.
- Ready meat and juice allocated to the baking sheet are placed in a large saucepan.
- We prepare vegetables that you like - onions, carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, etc. Cut them, fry (separately) and transfer to meat.
- Add the required amount of water, bring the broth to a boil and simmer on a minimum heat for at least 12 hours.
However, if you like to use only ready-made recipes and do not want to conduct experiments, then use the ones presented below.
The presented recipe reflects the process of making sauce using French technology, which will take you about 30 hours. But you will not need to stand over the stove continuously, and the result will be above all praise.
- bones and meat (usually beef) - 2 kg
- water - 6 liters
- red wine (can be homemade) - 1 bottle (700-750 ml)
- onion - 250 gr.
- carrots - 250 gr.
- Bulgarian pepper - 250 gr.
- celery (root and stems) - 150 gr.
- zucchini (zucchini) - 100 gr.
- eggplant - 100 gr.
- tomato sauce - 100 ml
- vegetable oil (for frying) - 1-2 tbsp.
- cloves - 1-2 buds
- Lavrushka - 1 sheet
- black and allspice - 3 peas each
- sugar, salt, parsley, dill, garlic, thyme, rosemary - to taste.
You need to cook like this:
- Separate and wash the meat and bones. Cut the meat.
- Fold the bones on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 200 degrees for about an hour.
- Remove the bones from the oven and place the meat in a bowl in it. After 15 minutes, remove it and pour the juice into a cup. We will need it further. Put the meat in the refrigerator.
- Wash vegetables, peel and chop coarsely.
- Fry carrots and onions separately.
- Pour meat juice from a cup into another skillet and soak slices of zucchini, eggplant and celery in it.
- Place the baked bones in a high baking sheet, put vegetables from both frying pans on top, pour half the wine and put in the oven for half an hour, then transfer everything from the baking sheet, including the liquid, into a large saucepan.
- The pan (covered with a lid) is initially put on a slow fire and continues to remain on it for a whole day.
- After 24 hours, the pan must be removed from the heat, remove the bones and strain the remaining broth into a clean pan.
- The meat set aside in the refrigerator must be fried and put in the broth along with spices. Continue to languish for another 2 hours.
- Pour the wine mixed with tomato sauce into the pan and remove the bay leaf from it. Add salt, sugar and simmer another 2.5 hours. The finished demiglass in density should resemble olive oil.
Demiglas sauce (instant)
How to replace a real demiglass? Of course its a simplified version! If among your relatives there are no gourmets who regularly visit restaurants in France, then they will not distinguish the original sauce from its "fake", and you will save a lot of time.
Simplified Demiglas Sauce Recipe
- broth (usually beef) - 1.6 liters
- red wine (can be homemade) - 100 ml
- onions, carrots, celery (stalk) - 100 grams each
- butter - 100 gr.
- vegetable oil - 50 gr.
- tomato sauce - 50 ml
- premium flour - 100 gr.
- salt, sugar, herbs and spices to taste.
You need to cook like this:
- Divide the finished broth (strong) into 2 parts.
- Peel the vegetables, finely chop and fry.
- Put tomato sauce in the vegetable mass and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Place the vegetables in a saucepan and fill with part of the broth, add spices, herbs and seasonings tied in a piece of gauze, and cook for half an hour on low heat.
- Remove the gauze bag with spices and cook for another half hour.
- Strain the resulting broth.
- In melted butter, fry the flour and dilute the mixture with the second part of the broth. Rub and heat the sauce until thickened.
- Transfer it to a pan with strained broth. Add wine here and put the pan on the fire. The sauce must be stirred and boiled until the desired density.
- At the end of cooking, sugar and salt are added, and at its end - the sauce is cooled as much as possible.
Demiglas Chicken Sauce
This demiglass is the easiest sauce option. It is far from the original, but very tasty!
- chicken wings, backs or necks - 1 kg.
- 3 carrots and onions.
- milk powder - 1 cup
- salt, spices and herbs to taste
- water - 3 liters
You need to cook like this:
- Wings (necks or backs) should be washed and rolled in powdered milk.
- Cut (in large pieces) carrots and onions.
- Fold the wings on a baking sheet (in 1 layer) and next to the vegetables, put in the oven for 1 hour. At the end, hold the ingredients well under the grill.
- Fold the wings and vegetables into a large saucepan and add water. It should cover all the components.
- After boiling, the broth languishes under the lid for 4 hours at minimum heat.
- Next, from the broth take out the seeds and filter it.
- After this, the pure broth is evaporated until its volume is 0.7 or 0.5 liters and cooled.
Demiglas sauce - general principles of preparation
• Bones. There should be a lot of them, the presence of meat is optional, but there may be leftovers. Before use, the bones must be thoroughly washed. If the quality of the product is in doubt, it is best to soak for several hours in cold water. According to the classical recipe, the bones are first baked in the oven, then boiled in water for several hours. Sometimes a process can take almost an entire day.
• Vegetables. Usually it is onions, carrots, celery. There are recipes with tomato, you can take tomatoes. Vegetables are added to meat bones. Next, the sauce is cooked again for several hours. In the classic French recipe, three types of onions were originally used, but later they began to take the one that is available.
• Wine. It makes the taste of Demiglas sauce deeper, more unusual, emphasizes meaty notes. Commonly used red wine.
• Spices. Salt, pepper the sauce, add all kinds of aromatic herbs should be at the very end, since during prolonged heat treatment and boiling the mass there is a chance to salt, add extra pepper or spoil the taste with spices.
Demiglas sauce with red wine
This recipe for Demiglas sauce can be attributed to the classic version. It is he who is most often found in French cooking. The base is prepared long enough, but you can boil the seeds in advance.
• 4 kg of beef kernels,
• 600 grams of carrots,
• 600 grams of onion,
• 100 grams of oil plant.,
• 400 ml of dry red wine,
• 6 cloves of garlic,
• 400 g of fresh celery.
1. We wash the beef bones, put them on a baking sheet. We put it in the oven, bake until brownish at 200 degrees. You need to make sure that they do not burn.
2. Now put the bones in a pan with a volume of ten liters. Pour water to the very top, leave a few centimeters for boiling. We cook the bones without the lid for about five hours, the amount of liquid on the side will not decrease by half. At the same time, we do not give liquids to actively gurgle.
3. As soon as there is exactly half the water in the pan, add all the chopped vegetables and garlic cloves to the bones, add boiling water so that there is 2/3 of water, prepare the broth again before evaporating half the liquid.
4. We take out the bones, throw it away. We wipe boiled vegetables through a sieve, filter the rich broth.
5. Add red wine, oil to the broth with vegetables, put it on the stove again, boil until a thick mass is obtained.
6. Out of this quantity of products, approximately 1.5 liters of demiglas should be obtained. At the end of the sauce you need to salt and pepper. French culinary experts often add rosemary, thyme, cloves and other spices to it.
Demiglas sauce with tomato (simplified recipe)
To make such a Demiglas sauce you will need fewer ingredients, but it will be slightly inferior in taste to the original.
• 150 ml of red wine,
• 100 grams of tomato puree,
• 300 g celery, carrots, onions,
• spices, a bouquet of garnishes, butter.
1. Spread the washed bones on a baking sheet, spray with oil. Bake at 200 degrees to a slight blush.
2. We get the bones. Lubricate with tomato puree or slightly diluted tomato paste.
3. Cut the onions and carrots. We chop celery in large pieces. We lay the vegetables on top of the seeds and also sprinkle with vegetable oil.
4. Re-send the seeds to the oven, cook until the vegetables are browned.
5. We transfer products from the baking sheet to the pan, fill with water so that the liquid covers the contents of the centimeters by five. We put on the stove, cook until the water evaporates in half.
6. Now take out the bones. We add wine to the vegetables. Boil the liquid for about fifteen minutes.
7. Remove the sauce from the heat, wipe the vegetables. Be sure to filter everything so that fragments of beef stones do not accidentally fall into the sauce.
8. Now you can boil the sauce with salt, pepper, put a bouquet of garnish. Boil for a few minutes and you're done!
Demiglas sauce with cream
To prepare this sauce, you will need a concentrated base of Demiglas sauce. You can cook it according to the first recipe.
• 20 ml olive oil,
• 15 g butter.,
1. Combine both types of oil in a frying pan or in a small saucepan, melt on the stove.
2. Peel the onion. We cut the head into small cubes, add to the oil, fry for about three minutes, make a moderate fire.
3. Add red wine to the onion. We evaporate an alcoholic drink for a minute.
4. Pour the cream. Warm with onions until almost boiling, stir occasionally.
5. Add the concentrated Demiglas broth to the creamy sauce. Stir.
6. Make a minimum fire, cover the dish, cook under the lid for about five minutes, so that the tastes merge.
7. At the end, you need to taste the sauce, if necessary, add a little salt, pepper.
Sauce "Demiglas" (adapted recipe)
A simplified recipe for French sauce on an ordinary brown broth. The bones need to be fried in the oven, then just boil for 2.5-3 hours, be sure to strain.
• 1.5 liters of broth,
• 0.5 onions, carrots, celery,
• 120 g ghee,
• a spoon of tomato paste,
• 0.5 glasses of wine,
• four tablespoons of oil rast.
Sasha will need a bay leaf. A few twigs of parsley, thyme, rosemary. Tie it all in a gauze bag. You can add cloves, peas of pepper, a slice of ginger.
1. Fry chopped onions in vegetable oil until transparent, add carrots and celery.
2. In another bowl, heat the melted butter, put the flour and fry until rosy. The mixture is constantly stirred, do not leave for a minute. Pour half the broth, boil the sauce until it thickens. Can be removed from the fire.
3. Add the tomato paste to the fried vegetables, put the wine in a couple of minutes.
4. Let’s sweat a little vegetables in the wine, then pour the remaining broth. Cook under the lid for about half an hour.
5. Wipe the vegetables with the broth.
6. Combine both masses, salt and pepper to your taste, stir. For aroma we put sachets with spices.
7. Put on the stove, boil everything together for about five minutes, then stand under the lid for about half an hour. Then the sachet needs to be taken out, otherwise the aroma will have a too pronounced aroma.
Demiglas sauce with mushrooms
To prepare such a sauce, you need a base of concentrated demiglas. Mushrooms are used here, as they are the most affordable and fastest to prepare.
• 150 g of concentrated Demiglas sauce,
• 0.2 glasses of wine,
1. Rinse the champignons, cut into thin plates, put in a pan, fry the pieces on both sides. We clean.
2. Cut the onion into half rings. Put in a pan after mushrooms, fry until transparent. We return the mushrooms.
3. Water it all with wine. We wait. Until it completely evaporates.
4. Add the sauce.
5. Cover the pan, simmer over low heat for about ten minutes. At the very end we try. If necessary, add salt and pepper.
Demiglas sauce with cherries
The recipe for the incredibly interesting Demiglas sauce, which will require cherry in wine. We prepare the basis according to one of the recipes above.
• 1 tsp butter.
1. Free cherries, the recipe indicates the weight of pure berries.
2. Melt the butter, add the berries, slightly warm.
3. Mix the wine and sugar, pour cherries. Cover, simmer until soft.
4. Once the berries are cooked, add a demiglass to them. Stir, salt, pepper to taste.
5. Tomim sauce with cherries on the stove for a few more minutes to combine tastes.
6. Remove from heat, cool slightly. Serve cherry sauce for meat or poultry.
Meat in Demiglas Sauce
A simple recipe for a flavorful meat dish using meat sauce. Veal is indicated here, but you can also take pork, lamb, it will turn out tasty and tender in any case.
• 200 g of Demiglas sauce,
1. Cut the veal in plates half a centimeter. On one side, tap lightly with a hammer.
2. Rub the pieces with salt, grease the finished sauce. Leave to marinate for 40-50 minutes.
3. Put the veal in one layer in a greased form. Bake at 200 degrees until rosy.
4. Remove the mold from the oven. Pour over the remaining sauce. Cover with a piece of foil.
5. Return to the oven. We remove the temperature to 180 degrees, cook for about twenty minutes.
Demiglas sauce - useful tips and tricks
• If the French sauce is to your taste, then it’s more convenient to cook a lot of demiglase base at once. It can be poured into molds or containers, frozen. At the right time, the mass can be melted on the stove, supplemented with the necessary spices, refresh with wine.
• When cooking bones for sauce, do not let the broth boil actively. Otherwise, the basis will be muddy, not very appetizing in appearance.
• Demiglas turns out to be interesting in an acute form. It is enough when adding vegetables to the broth to throw a chopped pod of hot chili pepper, then darken everything together. Even simpler is to add a little Georgian adjika to the total mass.
Benefit and harm
- Quickly restores the body after hard mental or physical work.
- Increases hemoglobin and immunity. Beef broth is rich in iron, which is involved in the work of all human organs. Due to a lack of iron in the body, people often complain of weakness, lack of appetite, and overwork.
- Improves digestion. Almost all demiglas ingredients are rich in vitamins and minerals. Bone broth contains gelatin, which stimulates the production of gastric juice.
- Strengthens the joints. Bone-based broth helps in the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. The product also helps strengthen joints and increase the elasticity of ligaments.
- Restores tissue structure.
- Improves a metabolism.
- Normalizes the work of the cardiovascular and nervous systems.
It is not recommended to use demiglass too often, since it contains a large number of purines. They are harmful to people with arthritis and gout. In addition, heavy metals can enter the sauce. This is possible if the animal whose bones were used during the preparation of the demiglas grazed near an industrial enterprise.
If you take the finished product in the store, then carefully study its composition. Some unscrupulous manufacturers add dyes, flavor enhancers, thickeners and other unnatural ingredients to dry mixes that can harm your body.
- Beef can be replaced with pork or chicken. It’s not necessary to take the best pieces. You will have enough scraps, bones and leftover meat.
- If you are not sure that you bought quality bones, dip them in cold water for a couple of hours before cooking.
- Roll the meat fragments in milk powder, then when baked they will get a golden crust.
- For 1 kg of meat and bones, take at least 3 liters of water. A long cooking process leads to the fact that the water evaporates, and the addition of a new one can spoil the taste of demiglas.
- After boiling, leave the broth on low heat so that it languishes, not boils.
- I do not recommend excluding ingredients from the composition, including wine.
- Wine is better to take dry red. In its absence, you can use medium quality homemade wine.
- Salt and spices should be added at the end of cooking, since the volume of the broth during this time will decrease by 2 times.
- Before serving, cool the sauce. To do this, pour it into a glass container and refrigerate for several hours.
- The shelf life of the product is 14 days in the refrigerator and up to 6 months in the freezer.
- For easy storage in the freezer, pour the chilled product into the ice trays and freeze. Then remove the cubes and pour into a plastic bag. Frozen cubes can be added to various sauces and recipes.
- I recommend trying to season the stew and soup with demiglass. A few tablespoons of sauce will significantly improve the taste of the dish and give a pleasant aroma.
- Demiglas is ideally combined with hamburgers, vegetables, mushrooms. You can learn more about how to cook hamburgers and vegetable stew in our previous articles.
- To add a pinworm when adding vegetables to the broth, throw the chopped pod of hot chili pepper and simmer all together. Instead of pepper, you can take a little Georgian adjika.
5 unusual options
A simplified version that will appeal to many housewives. With its help, you can save a lot of time. For cooking, you should take beef broth, red wine, a stalk of celery, carrots, onions, tomato sauce, flour, vegetable oil, sugar, salt, butter, spices. Be sure to stir the mixture and boil until the desired density.
Far from the classic recipe, but no less tasty and fragrant. For cooking, you will need chicken wings, necks or backs, milk powder, onions, carrots, water, spices, salt, herbs. When you put the meat and vegetables in a large pan, be sure to fill the ingredients with water so that it covers them completely. The broth should be simmered under a lid over low heat for about 4 hours. After you get the bones, evaporate the broth until its volume is 500-700 ml.
First you need to cook concentrated beef broth. Then you will need olive and butter, red wine, cream, onions and leeks. Fry the onion in a mixture of butter and olive oil, add wine, then cream and warm the mixture until it boils, remembering to stir occasionally. Combine with the broth and further darken. In the end, be sure to taste it. If necessary, you can add a little salt and pepper.
An affordable and quick to prepare option. It is enough to take concentrated broth, mushrooms, wine, onions, vegetable oil, salt, pepper. Fry the onion until transparent. Stir the mixture of ingredients over low heat for 15 minutes.
An interesting and piquant variation that can surprise guests at the festive table. To prepare the base, you need beef bones, onions, carrots, vegetable oil, red wine, garlic, fresh celery. When the concentrated sauce is ready, wine, cherries, sugar and butter are added to it. Such a demiglass is served with poultry or meat.
In the article, we examined a step-by-step recipe for making Demiglas sauce, found out what useful properties it has, how many calories it contains. Demiglas is considered the main component of many sauces and not only has a delicious taste, but also a healthy composition. It harmonizes perfectly with all types of meat, so the product can be called brutal and masculine. It is often served with veal steaks and grilled dishes.
Do you make demiglas sauce? Tell us about it in the comments!
What is demiglas sauce?
Sauce demiglas (demiglas) is a rich, thick brown French cooking sauce based on a concentrated broth of baked veal bones with wine and spices. It has an intensely meaty taste and mouth-watering aroma.
In fact, this is a brown sauce boiled for a long time boiling in a ratio of 1: 1 with espaniol sauce - one of the main sauces in France. The classic demiglass is made from veal, but you can also use beef and poultry.
The name “demiglase” (demi-glace) comes from the French word Glace, which means “Icing” or “Glaze” and Demi - “Half”, because the two ingredients are halved.
It is used both by itself for serving with fried meat and steaks, and as a basis for other sauces.
How to cook demiglass from scratch
The main difficulty of the classic Demiglas sauce recipe is its preparation time, which can last more than a day due to several stages of production.
The classic demiglas recipe begins with the preparation of brown sauce - a concentrated broth from bones that have previously been fried in the oven.
Then the fried bones are boiled over low heat with chopped carrots, onions and celery. Wine is sometimes added, and some recipes include a bit of tomato paste to help the bones release gelatin faster. Along the way, fat and foam are removed. The final degreasing is done after cooling the broth.
The final step is to strain the bones and vegetables to clean the broth.
The next step is to prepare the espaniol sauce. To do this, use part of the finished brown sauce: it is combined with an equal amount of flour and butter and cooked over low heat until it becomes dark in color.
The last step is to combine both sauces - brown and espaniol in equal amounts and boil over low heat to half.
The increased viscosity and pronounced taste of demiglas is achieved by cooking calf bones, and not ordinary beef or chicken. Veal bones contain more collagen than adult cows, and when cooked for several hours, collagen turns into gelatin, making the sauce more thick and saturated.
Stage 1. Basis - brown sauce
Ingredients for Brown Sauce:
- 1 kg of veal brain bones, sawn into 5-centimeter pieces,
- 1 kg of beef brain bones (also pieces of 5 cm),
- 100 grams of tomato paste,
- 1 cup onion
- 0.5 tbsp. carrots
- 0.5 tbsp. celery
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 bouquet of garni,
- salt and pepper,
- 0.5 liters of water.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celsius. Place the bones in a roasting pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the bones from the oven and grease them with tomato paste.
- Finely chop and mix the onions, carrots and celery in a bowl. Put the vegetables on the bones and put in the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drain the released fat.
- Put the roasting pan on the stove, pour in red wine and mix well using a wooden spoon. Put a garnish bouquet and season with salt.
- Add water. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce to the smallest fire. Boil the sauce for 4 hours, stirring regularly.
- Remove from heat and strain.
Yield: about 3 liters.
Stage 2. Espanyol sauce
Ingredients for Espanyol Sauce:
- 1 liter of hot brown sauce,
- 0.5 cup onions,
- ¼ Art. carrots
- ¼ Art. celery
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste,
- 1 bouquet of garni.
- In a large saucepan, heat the fat and add the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Put tomato puree in vegetables and heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add brown sauce and a garnish bouquet to the mixture. Continue to simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Strain the resulting sauce.
Stage 3. Final
Combine 1 liter brown sauce with 1 liter espanola in a saucepan and place on a stove over medium heat.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Boil until the liquid is reduced by half, it will take about 1.5 hours. If necessary, salt and pepper.
Most chefs prefer to change the classic way of making Demiglas sauce and many have their own recipes.
A simple recipe for demiglas sauce
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 70 minutes
Total time: 80 minutes
In this simplified recipe, instead of making brown sauce from scratch, concentrated broth is used. The result is just as tasty and takes much less time.
What you need:
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 6-8 fresh parsley stalks,
- 8-10 peas of allspice,
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- ½ cup chopped onion,
- ¼ Art. chopped celery
- ¼ grated carrots,
- ¼ Art. flour
- 5 cups strong beef broth.
- Place bay leaf, thyme, parsley stalks and peppercorns on a square piece of gauze. Tie it into a bundle with cooking twine.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add onions, celery and carrots. Hold them for a couple of minutes until the onion is partially translucent.
- Pour the flour and mix to form a thick consistency.
- Fry for about 3 minutes, stirring often so that the flour does not burn.
- Now add 3 cups of broth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Then lower the temperature, dip the seasoning knot into the pan and slowly warm it up for about 20 minutes or until the total volume of liquid decreases by about a third.
- Remove the pan from the heat, remove the seasonings (do not discard, but put them aside!). Gently strain the sauce through a sieve.
- Now return the sauce to the stove, pour the remaining 2 cups and return the seasonings to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 50 minutes or until the sauce is half cooked.
- Throw out the seasonings and strain the sauce. Salt to taste.
Fast cooking option (powder)
To save hours spent in the kitchen and make a delicious sauce in just 5 minutes, manufacturers of instant products suggested that they released a dry (powder) demiglass.
The composition of the finished mixture usually contains: wheat flour, palm oil, iodized salt, corn starch, spices, tomatoes, maltodextrin, xanthan gum, sugar, soy sauce, thickeners, flavorings, colorings, wine.
How to breed dry demiglass:
- Dissolve 100 g of a dry mixture of demiglas in 1 liter of water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
How and how much to store demiglas sauce
Demiglass sauce is stored in the refrigerator for about two weeks, and in the freezer in a plastic container for up to six months.
When you need it, you can not thaw it all, but just take a hot spoon to separate the right amount.
One way to store demiglass in the freezer for easier use is to pour the prepared and chilled sauce into the ice trays and freeze it. Then remove the “ice cubes” and store in a freezer in a plastic bag. Add frozen cubes to sauces and recipes as needed.
Ready-made demiglas contains preservatives that can extend the shelf life of the product, so read the storage conditions on the label.
How to choose and where to buy demiglas sauce
Fortunately, in our time, you don’t have to prepare a demiglass at home yourself, as it can be purchased in stores.
Demiglas should be deep brown in color, very shiny and outwardly smooth, without lumps and impurities.
How to use Demiglas sauce in cooking
Just one or two tablespoons of demiglas will add saturation and depth to a variety of dishes - from soups and stews to sauces and gravy.
Its taste is so intense that another seasoning may not be needed.
Demiglas is placed at the end of cooking. To easily mix the thick sauce with the rest of the food, dilute it with a few teaspoons of hot water before adding to the consistency of a heavy cream before adding.
Here are some ideas for the dishes with which Demiglas sauce is eaten:
- The first and easiest way to use is for sauces. Add a few tablespoons to any toasted gravy.
- Think of demiglas as a seasoning for soups and stews. Even a few tablespoons added at the final stage of cooking will greatly improve the dishes.
- Vegetable or mushroom stew will receive a delicious aroma if you add a little demiglas to it.
- Ideal for hamburgers.
This sauce is combined with a wide range of dishes - with beef, chicken, pork, mushrooms and vegetables. Demiglas is universal, so experiment!